- 2015年12月02日16:49 来源：小站教育作者：victor
- 参与（0） 阅读（3582）
IELTS Writing Task 2: different perspectives
A good way to organise your ideas is by thinking about the topic from different perspectives or points of view.
I used the 'perspectives' technique to write a paragraph about the positives of more people living alone
Here's my paragraph with the perspectives highlighted:
The rise in one-person households can be seen as positive for both personal and broader economic reasons. On an individual level, people who choose to live alone may become more independent and self-reliant than those who live with family members. A young adult who lives alone, for example, will need to learn to cook, clean, pay bills and manage his or her budget, all of which are valuable life skills. From an economic perspective, the trend towards living alone will result in greater demand for housing. This is likely to benefit the construction industry, estate agents and a whole host of other companies that rely on homeowners to buy their products or services.
【小编点评】在探讨独居生活方式的有利面时，分别从个人层面（on an individual level）和社会经济层面（from an economic perspective）j进行讲述，从小到大，从浅入深（并均配上了例子来佐证），层次感十足。当然不要忘记了开篇时的观点句统领全段（positive for both personal and broader economic reasons），作者的用词简洁，但是毫无repetition之感。
Try writing about the negatives of the same trend, from two or three different perspectives.
IELTS Writing Task 2: tourism
Do the benefits of tourism outweigh the drawbacks?
Here are some ideas. I've organised the vocabulary according to different perspectives (different ways of looking at this issue).
Positives of tourism:
1. Personal perspective: Tourism is a popular leisure activity. Tourists can relax, have fun, 'recharge their batteries', experience different customs and cultures (sight-seeing, sunbathing, visiting monuments, tasting new cuisine). Travel opens our minds. It can broaden our horizons.
2. Economic perspective: The tourism industry is vital for some countries. People rely on tourism for their income. Tourism attracts investment from governments and companies. It creates employment due to demand for goods and services (hotels, entertainment etc.). It helps to improve the standard of living.
Negatives of tourism:
1. Environmental perspective: Tourism can have a negative impact on the environment. Excessive building (roads, hotels etc.) destroys natural habitats and spoils the landscape. Tourism creates pollution and waste. It puts pressure on local resources such as food, water and energy.
2. Economic perspective: Tourism may cause a rise in the cost of living. Prices of goods and services go up. Tourists buy second homes. All of this affects local people.
3. Cultural perspective: Local traditions may be lost. Traditional jobs and skills die out (e.g. farming, fishing). Local people are forced to work in the tourist industry.
Thinking about topics from different perspectives can help you to generate better ideas. This technique isn't perfect for every topic, but it can be really useful.