17年9-12月雅思口语话题Part2范文:a website that helps a lot
- 2017年09月28日19:10 来源：小站教育作者：小站雅思编辑
- 参与（2） 阅读（8216）
You should say:
What is it
How did you know this website
Is it easy to operate
How does it help you
The website is the BBC news website. You can find it at http://www.bbc.co.uk/news but I just have it as a favourite on my toolbar. I am a complete BBC junkie! I visit the website several times a day if I can, and have been using it for as long as I can remember. Possibly for as long as the website has been in existence but definitely for the past ten years or more.
The BBC news website is massive. It contains rolling headlines of breaking news, and from the landing page, you can jump to sections on different types of news categories. For example, there are tabs for world news; health issues; environmental reports; education; sport; education and science as well as entertainment and arts stories. You can read just text based articles illustrated with a few pictures – which is my preferred way of accessing news and information – or you can opt to see news film or audio clips. I think the website is really comprehensive and easy to use too.
The BBC news website, for me, is a one-stop location for all current affairs and news items. I really like that I can see headlines of breaking news almost instantaneously, but it also includes more thoughtful reporting. Detailed online articles with considered analysis about global or local events. I can also find out what the weather forecast is – always handy in the UK where it can change so quickly, plus I like to be able to keep an eye on what is happening locally to me in Sheffield where I live. I also trust the BBC website to give balanced reporting, I think it has journalistic integrity, so I feel if I read it every day, I will have a good perspective on what is going on in the world, and enough information to come to my own conclusions on current affairs across the globe.The only downside of the website is that I find it can be a bit addictive! Because it is updated frequently it is tempting to keep going back and having another look if there is some running news item that I am following. It can lead me to procrastinate when I am supposed to be working, but I tell myself it is important to keep up to date with what is going on in the world, even though I know that really, it wouldn’t hurt to limit myself to a news ‘fix’ just a couple of times a day!
I wonder if you use the website too, and if you do, whether you might as avid a follower as me!
• What are some of the different reasons why people use the internet?
• Some people say that different age groups have different tastes on internet content. What do you think?
• What influence can (or, does) the internet have on children? And what about teenagers?
• Do you think parents should control what internet sites their children visit on the internet?
• What do you think of people who have a computer and what do you think of those who don't have one?
• Compare the types of people who don't use the internet with those who do.
• What (kinds of) people don't use the internet and what are the disadvantages that these people suffer because they don't use the internet?