- 2017年12月22日11:41 来源：小站整理
- 参与（3） 阅读（2819）
1. Are you ever bothered by noise?
2. Where can you hear loud noise?
3. Do you think there is more noise in people’s lives today than in the past?
4. Do you think that cities will become noisy in the future?
5. What sounds do you like?
6. What sounds do you dislike?
7. What sounds remind you of your childhood?
8. Do you mind noises?
9. What types of noise you come across in your daily life?
10. Are there any sounds that you like?
11. Where can you hear loud noise?
12. Do you think there’s too much noise in modern society?
13. Are cities becoming noisier?
1. Yes, just recently, my neighbour was decorating his apartment upstairs in our high-rise in the daytime. I was really bothered by the noise of the drill.
2. The noise can be frequently heard around the places such as airports, bus stations, and construction sites.
3. Yes, definitely right. As the city grows bigger and population bulge, our life has become more and more noisy.
4. I enjoy the sound of flowing water in the forest. I even recoded it in my mobile when I travelled in the forest park. I dislike the sound made by finger nails on blackboard because it annoys me and makes me feel nervous.
5. The train. Because there was a train track through my middle school, and we could hear the sound of trains every time they came through my school. I had been used to the sound, and even could not sleep well without it in the background.
6. It’s really hard for me to say no. I mean, I really can’t bear noisy people, noisy places or even noisy things. For me noise is the number-one distractor when it comes to studying or working. You know, they actually just go ahead and interrupt my flow of thoughts.
7. Well, I have to say that I face up to a rich variety of noises on a daily basis. The first type of noise is from traffic, especially during the rush hours. The second is noise from factories, construction sites which never fail to distract me from working, thereby reducing my productivity.
8. I think there is one sound that can always lull me to sleep, the rain sound. There are nights I was so stressed out that I can hardly sleep no matter how much I tried, and then I went online searching for some sound for deep sleep or relaxation, and rain sound is always one of the top choices. And since then rain sound has become my go-to on sleepless nights.
9. From a number of sources. It can come from the crazy drivers down there on the streets. It can come from a building being built. It can come from a music festivals or a DJ party where the crowd totally go wild. It can even come from a crying baby or a fight nextdoor.
10. Indeed. I do think the level of noise is increasing overtime mainly due to human activities. The situation gets even worse if you live in a big modern city at a young age. Your auditory must be trained so hard to tolerate such noise everyday. It is really alarming now to raise people’s awareness towards this “invisible” killer.
11. Most cities in our country are suffering serious noise pollution due to rapidly increasing population and a massive amount of daily transportation. The consistently intense presence of noise does serious harm to the public health.
Can’t bear Ving (expression) can’t tolerate something
Face up to (phrasal verb) to confront an unpleasant situation
Productivity (n) The quality of being productive
To lull SO to sleep (v) to calm or send to sleep, typically with soothing sounds or movements
To be stressed out (adj) a state of mental or emotional strain or tension resulting from adverse or demanding circumstances.
Top recommendations (n) to be highly recommended
Go-to (adj) ideal, first choice
Auditory (n) relating to the sense of hearing
Tolerate (v) to accept or endure (someone or something unpleasant or disliked) with forbearance
To do (serious) harm to (v) to damage the health of